Yesterday Logos started taking orders for the John Piper Collection which contains 24 of his books. With an MSRP of $360, it will most likely sell for $170 when it comes out and is available for preorder at $150. Production will begin when enough preorders have been made. Note, this is different from the previous announcement of the his sermon manuscript library , which should be shipping on 10/2/2007. Both seem like wonderful tools, and if you don’t already own the printed versions I highly recommend this new prepub.
Also, and you’ve heard it first here: James Rosscup’s monumental exposition of prayer will be coming to the Logos PrePup program soon, within the next week or two. [edit: It is now available for $160] for It is an effort of 15 years that resulted in nearly a 3,000 page work covering more than 1,000 references. A detailed index can help users quickly get to verses, ideas, words, etc.
Among the highlights:
- fluid exposition
- encyclopedic discussion about all sorts of key things in relation to prayer
- careful cross referencing
- flow of contexts in their own settings
- premillennial stance on prophetical books
- gracious spirit on prophetical and other issues of disagreement such as charismatic questions with an effort to offer help to all brothers and sisters in Christ
- clarity on aspects and attitudes that fit into prayer
Pricing is to be determined, but I’m looking forward to it! For a sample of his work, check out his article in a previous journal (pdf link) entitled “The Openness of God: Does Prayer Change God?”